Year of Residency: 2019
- Karoly Esterhazy University, Eger, Hungary (1985–89)
- The University of Denver Publishing Institute, Denver, USA, 1994
- University Nancy 2, Nancy, France, 2006
- Poetry masterclasses tutored by Ian Duhig, Jen Hadfield, Pamela Beasant, Gillian Clarke, Imtiaz Darker, Bill Herbert, Owen Sheers, Daljit Nagra, Pascale Petit, Tamar Yoseloff, Claire Trévien etc.
- 2016, Captain Fly’s Bucket List, London
- 2017 and 2018: four chapbooks with Moira Books, Chicago
- Opera libretto (composer: Vasiliki Legaki), London
- Scott Polar Research Institute, Cambridge University, 2016
- Arctic Circle, Norway, 2016
- Gullkistan, Iceland, 2017
- La Macina di San Cresci, Italy,2017
- Writer Catherine McNamara’s private residency, Italy, 2018
- Ou Gallery, Canada, 2018
- Ayatana Artist Research Program, Canada, 2018
- Write On Door County, USA, 2019
- 2018, reviews Editor of The Ofi Press
- 2018, a guest Editor of the prestigious international literary magazine Pratik
- a winner of the National Poetry Day competition in the UK
In my highly visual, dreamlike poems I make invisible processes (changes of emotions, doubts and fears, inner fights) recognizable, while recreating the language playfully (using non-existent words, distortions, unusual punctuation and layout, mixtures of different languages, juxtaposition). I talk about mysterious beings, snakes proud of their new skin, leopards lying in the middle of the canopy dreaming about their new territories… The word-sparing compositions are full of music, and they leave enough room for the imagination. They are never predictable, they keep surprising you in a thought-provoking way.
I always look forward to explore and observe new countries and get the details and impressions I collect there in my writing. At the moment I’m working on a novel and I would really appreciate some uninterrupted time to focus on my work. Also, I’m finalizing the manuscript of my second full poetry collection (an early version of this was finalist at the Munster Literature Center competition in Ireland).
Agnes’ FB – Visit.