Year of Residency: 2018
Originally based in Sydney, where he worked and completed his Bachelor of Fine Arts Honours at the National Art School in 2014. His artistic practice includes drawing and painting, often using spray paint to complete large-scale murals for both private and public groups. Last year, he was an artist in residence at the Orchard gallery in Redfern, where he developed work for a show he had earlier this year titled “Consumed by Consumption”
- Solo show “Consumed by Consumption” Stack Projects, Kings Cross. 2017
- Artist in Residence ‘Orchard Gallery’ Redfern 2015-2017
- ARTillery, Amnesty International. Vivid Festival, Redfern, 2016
- Kaleido Magazine, ‘Art for Social Change’ Launch, Erskineville, 2016
- Platform Urban Art Competition Winner, Hurstville Council. 2016-2013
- Solo Exhibition ‘A Year in The Manse’ Orchard Gallery, December 2015
- Nek Level, Group Show exhibition. 107 Projects
- Cartoons and Illustrations published in South Sydney Herald. 2015
- National Art School Post-Graduate Show 2014
- 1/2 Way, Honours painting show, NAS Library Stairwell Gallery August 2014
- A Way Out, Verge Gallery January 2014 – Live art painted on side of gallery for opening night.
- National Art School Graduate Show, 2013.
- ’Paper’ Group Show, Clifton, 2013
- ’The Grid Show’ National Art School. 2013.
- Volunteer pop-up fundraising exhibitions ‘Youth off the Streets’ Surry Hills 2015 (live painting) ‘Pink Ribbon’ Violence against women. Manly 2012
- Leichhardt, Wall 2 Wall competition finalists, 2012
- ’2nd Year Landscape Exhibition’ National Art School. 2012
Commissions / Volunteering
From 2009 onward he has been involved in the implementation of public art on public and private commissions.
- SAMA (Street Art Murals Australia) working as one of their artists on various projects, In Multiple locations across Sydney.
- Mural designed and painted for stairwell at the City Recital Hall
- Designing and Painting signage for Strattons Hotel, Hotel Sweeneys and Belissimo Cafe Sydney CBD
- Large Scale Commission at a Brookvale parking lot.
- Hurstville ‘Platform Urban Art’ commission canvas/ live painting/ mural completion finalists
- The Trading circle, Summer Hill, Mural painted for
- Palmera Projects, live painting opening night of ‘A Way Out’ exhibition, live painting in Nida foyer and creation of promotional a stop motion film.
From 2015-2017 I was Artist in residence at the Orchard gallery in Redfern where I also had studio space. I completed my Bachelors of Fine Arts Honours at the National Art School in 2014. My artistic practice includes drawing and painting often using spray paint to complete large scale murals. A skill I have had the opportunity to use on domestic and international travels. I have been involved in a number of group exhibitions. I have used aerosol paint as a medium since 2006 and implemented a number of private and public commissions, currently working with SAMA (street art murals Australia) as one of their artists. I also have gained employment as a sign writer for various businesses. I currently contribute illustrations and cartoons to the South Sydney Herald.
I plan to continue with a theme from my exhibition in Sydney which centralised around consumerism. Exploring the notion of art as commodity as well as the role of the artist within this. By purposefully undervaluing the painting compares them to mass produced products. Challenging the commodification of the artwork as well as the cost of labour to produce the artwork. As a painter I am intentionally positioning myself as this same cheap labour.
The paintings I intend to produce are a continuation of a series I begun on my previous exhibition (will include pictures). I intend to develope this further by creating a packaging for the paintings and new methods of display. The content of each painting generally contains a satirical commentary on consumer products and culture. They have a internet meme like quality, I enjoy this comparison because of the transient nature of internet trends. The original series was centered around Australian nuances, however staying in the city would help develop works also based on European and Serbian examples
Articles and Reviews
His website – Read.