Year of Residency: 2019
- 2010/2010 University of The Arts London, UK, MA Graphic Moving Image
- 2007/2011 University of Art Tehran, Iran, BA Print Media
- TIAF 2015, Ragfactory, London, October 2015
- Spirit of Nowruz, British Council, London, March to May 2015
- Group Exhibition, Film Screening, Ragfactory, London, January 2011
- MA Show Exhibition, London College of Communication, November 2010
- Photo slide show screening, SOAS, London, October 2010
- The 11th Iranian National Photo Biennal, Saba Museum, December 2008
- Tehran Avenue One shot film competition, Mehrva Gallery, June 2007
Honors and Awards
- 2015, Nominee of BLOOOM Award by WARSTEINER, Cologne, September
- 2014, Runner up, Best international in ‘View From Here competition, London, October
I am a multidisciplinary artist working primarily with photography and video. Originally from Iran and currently based in the London, United Kingdom. I obtained my B.A. in Print Media at the University of Art in Tehran, Iran, and continued my studies by pursuing my M.A. in Graphic Moving Image at the University of the Arts London, UK.
My main focus is reinterpreting the sociopolitical problems, and restrictions through my personal experience and views. I try to create an engaging situation for common experience with audience.
Art played important role for me as a mean to challenge limitations and to criticize social problems. Also on a personal level, Fine art had such a liberating effect like nothing else.
I believe Belgrade art Studio Program will give me the opportunity to investigate and explore my personal way to address the social and political issues through art. I think the importance of community engagement and collaboration in this residency is in line with the main focus of one of my project ‘Crepe Suzette’ food performance. It is a performance that enable people to experience revolution and social changes through food.
Secondly, I would like to use one month opportunity to work on the new installation (project two) with images light reflection.
Thirdly, It helps to deepen my insight about Serbia art scene and their artist practice, find the difference and similarity between the UK, IRAN and Serbia.
Articles and Reviews
Katayoon’s website – Visit.