Year of Residency: 2019
- 2015 -2018 Bachelor of Fine Art, Gerrit Rietveld Academie, NL
- 2014 – 2015 Bachelor of Visual Communication, Kolding School of Design, DK
- 2012 – 2014 Graphic Design, Ostra Grevie Folkhogskola, SE
- 2013 Art & Publishing, Valand Academy of Fine Arts, SE
- 2011 Film Studies, Gothenburg University, SE
- 2010 Art History, Sodertorn University, SE
- 2019 freezefearflood (Solo Show), Heerz Tooya, Veliko Tarnovo, BU
- 2018 “The tide is high but I’m holding on”, Studio Agatha, Amsterdam, NL
- 2018 ‘Living Dead Surplus’, Reading performance, Print Plant, Looiersgracht, Amsterdam, NL
- 2018 “JEANNEKE, PISS!“, Butchers Tears, Amsterdam, NL
- 2018 “Graduation Show”, Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Amsterdam, NL
- 2018 “Bulking Agents” Residency & Group Show, M4gastatelier, Amsterdam, NL
- 2018 “Hold Me Now: Feel and Touch in An Unreal World“ Uncut, Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam, NL
- 2018 “Tantalus Bluff“, Gallerismus Hollandaise, Amsterdam, NL
- 2017 “GUT FAUNA”, Fijnhouttheatre, Amsterdam, NL
- 2017 “8”, Gallerismus Hollandaise, Amsterdam, NL
- 2017 “REHEARSAL”, SSBA Salon, Amsterdam, NL
- 2017 “Elias & the Fine Art Department”, Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Amsterdam, NL
- 2017 “What is Happening to our Brain?“ Uncut, Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam, NL
- 2016 “Genomics”, Wageningen University Research Centre, Wageningen, NL
- 2016 “Bots, Bodies, Beasts” Uncut, Brakke Grond, Amsterdam NL
- 2019 ARV.I, Vishovgrad, BU
- 2018 Ordensburg, Vogelsang, DE
- 2018 M4gastatelier, Amsterdam, NL
I am a Swedish artist living and working in my studio in Amsterdam. In 2018 I obtained a Bachelor of Fine Art at Gerrit Rietveld Academie. I see my work as “body essays“ situated between abstract materially based sculpture, installation and text.
With an interest in dissecting capitalist-scripted notions of the body, I investigate leakage as a means of resistance. Leaking as; in deviating a given shape, material state or the ambivalence between both. Through installation and text I aim to question ideas of productivity, and more concretely, how techoscience forces bodies into loops of economy. This research resonate through my writing and titles as well as subtly through the chosen juxtaposed intimate and industrial material. Where body-like fragments become commodities, containers and overheated machine-parts are manipulated to be between the loop of produced and consumed, dead and alive.
I am currently working on a publication with working title ‘Bulking the Abjected’. The book will be written as an essay that mixtures research and theory with more experimental writing. The frame work is circulating around the carnal collaps of human-animal-capital. Where connections between leakage, the voice and ageing are puzzled from a fragmented experience of our post-capitalist condition. The publication is a sort of continuation of my research formulated in the essay "Living Dead Surplus", 2018. The text was nominated for the GRA Awards and was later republished for San-Seriffe, Amsterdam. I recently had a residency in Bulgaria for a month focusing on my sculptural practice. Now I am interested in giving more space for my writing in an environment where I can focus and get a different input that hopefully would spark the process further. After my great experience in Bulgaria I am very interested in exploring this interesting part of Eastern Europe further.
Odas website – Visit.