Belgrade Art Studio announces some exciting news – the Open Call for the Online Residency is on!
Online artist residency takeovers make a lot of sense nowadays. Whether you are the artist or the viewer, there are positives associated with its wide reaching and instantaneous capabilities.
Belgrade Art Studio Residency will select artists of various mediums from around the world to participate in a 4 week online residency.
The selected artists will create piece/s of artwork that respond to their experience of the THEMES ‘artist on Standby’ and ‘Conflict Art Peace’. The program focused on individual creation of the work in addition to collaboration with the other artists, advisors and the public.
WHAT 4 weeks of creation and collaborative work LANGUAGE English DATES 2022 DURATION/MEETINGS each week GROUP WORK/MEETINGS According to each participant’s availability INFO/FEES contact us for more details email@example.com
Our online residency:
- as a residency, it provides its participants with the time and (mental) space to produce new work;
- as a seminar, it offers theoretical and conceptual resources that can be used by participants in their own practice;
- as a collaborative program, it links people from different corners of the planet whose practices are diverse and work in different environments. The program builds a strong sense of community and artistic collaboration among its participants which lasts after the program ends.
Belgrade Art Studio will help its participants to:
- Overcome this limbic moment in their practice and gain productive momentum.
- Join forces and work with their peers, either collaboratively or individually through mutual feedback.
- Make the most of the temporary transition between study practice and creative/productive online formats.
- Gain access to a new, international and specialized public.
- Build an international network of colleagues and peers, with whom future projects can then flourish.
Over the time of 4 weeks, the artist will join the other artists to create piece(s) of artwork that respond to the there ‘artists on Standby’. The program lead will interview artists and publish progress on social media to raise awareness globally and archive this unique moment in history. At the end of the residency, the artists will participate in a live streamed online viewing and round table forum.
In addition, the artists will be connected to other artists to help guide and advise them throughout the program.
Artists and creatives from backgrounds such as, but not limited to: visual arts, music, theatre, dance, film, writing, design, photography, digital/interactive art, gaming, fashion, and architecture, Curators, Thinkers etc, who are:
- Looking to incorporate knowledge and acquire new tools
- Desiring to establish an international network of colleagues and professionals with whom to mutually nurture each other
- Seeking new ways to approach their practice and adapt to the new global times
- Having difficulties to advance with their artistic production after months of isolation and lack of contact with the artistic community
- Struggling to find the necessary motivation to stimulate their projects
If you wish to apply, please send us your CV, resume, statement along with your portfolio and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. No application fee Participation fee 120 eur, 10% off for art students
Over the course of the 4 week program, artists will produce work that responds to the theme ‘artist on standby’. Artists will be able to collaborate with each other and engage online.
The program is not a full time residency. The artists will have the majority of time to continue their work. There will be conversations, events, roundtables, etc throughout the 4 weeks, which the artists will be expected to attend.
The end product of the residency will require a piece of art that can be shown and viewed online. During the program, the team would also follow your process and get a glimpse into iterations, sketches, work product, and your work space.
At the end of the residency, the program team will organize an online viewing and round table discussion around the work created. This will be moderated by the program advisors, who will also provide commentary on the works.
The program lead will be available for you during the residency and will be facilitation between artists and program lead, available to critique and discuss your process.
We will communicate through digital tools and will use platforms such as Zoom to share the works and their feedback. You will need a phone or computer and an internet connection, of course.
The ability to collaborate and interact with English is preferred as the program will be conducted in English. However, we do not want this to be a limiting factor to your participation.
We are happy to provide additional information about Online Residency – program, plan, fees. Please email us to email@example.com if you need our assistance.